Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Restoring A Classic

My dad recently restored his '59 Mack truck and is so proud of it! I'm proud of him, since he has had this truck since we were younger and finally got around to restoring it. I just had to make a scrapbook LO of it so the future grandkids can hear the story!

I used this sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches and part of the August kit from The Scrap Room. I think the sketch is just wonderful, really allowing my picture to shine and the patterned paper from Glitz really matched the picture wonderfully! This is the first time I have seen or used paper from the Glitz company and I was definitely impressed! Heavy paper and a wonderful vintage feel. Perfect for a page about restoring an old truck!

Isn't she beautiful? I'm talking about the LO but I'm sure my dad would be talking about that truck! :)

Materials Used: Glitz Kismet PP from the August Scrap Room kit, button, photo turn and ribbon also from the scrap room kit, CS from Bazzill, Alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket (small) and American Crafts (large), Martha Stewart border punch, Colorbox Brown Ink and Zig 05 Black Pen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! So nice to see another New England scrapper. Your take on this Sassy Lil' Sketch is just wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of paper strips you used! great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Amy!! I have this Glitz paper too - I have to get this out & put it to use - love it on your page :)

    ReplyDelete