Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Kits Are Coming!!

With the Scrap Room kits set to ship and arrive this week I thought I'd post the last two LOs I made with last months kits. Somehow, getting them to the blog never happened :)

This first LO is a picture of my Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather taken during the depression by my Grandmother. I never met my biological grandmother, she passed away when my mother was young. So seeing these pictures that she treasured enough to hang onto in albums, was well, a treasure to me! I loved the vintage feel of these Sassafrass Lass papers and how they looked like a quilt from the depression when I cut them out.

Materials Used: Sassafrass Lass Cherry Delicious August Kit from the Scrap Room, Dream Street Papers Alphas inked with Ranger ink in Walnut, Vintage Lace & Buttons, sewing machine and cream thread, Zig Journaling Pen in 05 Black.

This next LO I made to showcase a picture I took of a Monarch that had hatched out at work one day. Yes, I was stalking them on my lunch breaks! I used a sketch from the August Pagemaps and the KI Memories Groovy kit from the Scrap Room. I used mainly the "B" sides to showcase my picture.
Materials Used: KI Memories Groovy August kit from the Scrap Room, Thickers alphas, My Little Shoebox alpha stickers, satin ribbon in various widths, Kaisercraft rhinestones, rhinestone brads from my collection, Zig Journaling Pen in 05 Black and a Martha Stewart border punch.

Can't wait to get the September kit, I have lots of extras coming with it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I so love your layouts!
    I am really missing getting the kits :(. sniff. It is such wonderful mail to wait for.

    ReplyDelete