Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fire Academy Gradute

My little brother recently graduated from the Fire Academy in MA and the whole family went. This is the first of many LOs from the day we had there, including touring the buildings used to train the firefighter recruits and the ceremony itself.
This is a picture of my brother and his Fire Chief that was taken outside of the building after the ceremonies. The lighting in the ceremony was horrible so I was happy to get a good pic of my brother and his chief outside. The picture went so well with these papers from the Sept. Doubleshot kit from The Scrap Room. I love Jenni Bowling and her embellishments and this was the first time I got to use some of her papers.Sadly, they were not double-sided but they were fun to work with anyway!

Materials Used: Sept. Jenni Bowlin Doubleshot kit, Thickers alphas, Cosmo Cricket alpha stickers, pewter brads, twine, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Sizzix embossing folder, Distress Ink in Red Barn Door and Black Soot, Colorbox Chalk Ink in brown.

I had a great time turning these papers into two banners that run across the top right side of the page. I used pewter brads in the corner of each triangle and used twine to 'hang' the banner on it. A fun challenge this week on The Scrap Room Blog is to use pop dots on a layout and I used them all over this one! The first place was on the banners themselves, to give them more dimension.

I also used pop dots on the title banner that I made. Once again I used twine to 'hang' it on and I also used staples to attach the pieces to each other. I love how this gives it more texture.

I had a blast finally using some Tim Holtz Grungeboard I bought over the summer. I ran it through my Epic six and dry embossed some stripes onto it. Then I used Distress Inks in Red Barn Door and Black Soot to color the stars I had cut with my Cricut. I added some buttons and twine to the largest star and then clustered them together, adding some pop dots for dimension.

 This is the final kit from last month's Scrap Room shipment and it is just in time since I got my new kit yesterday! I'll have to see what I can come up with for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment