Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Keep On Flying Without Wings

I got this great pic of my niece over the weekend and I just had to scrap it ASAP! Sometimes, a picture just screams at you. I started perusing the internet for some good old fashion MOJO inspiration and I found it in two places. The perfect sketch was at Pagemaps in their October sketches and the perfect title was at Scrapping The Music .  I also had the perfect papers for the pic with my September Doubleshot kit from The Scrap Room.  The LO is one I will give to my niece when she is older and it basically says that I love her personality and I hope she keeps on enjoying life. :)

Here is the final product:

Materials Used: Sept. LilyBee Design Hello Sunshine Doubleshot kit, Thickers alphas, Cosmo Cricket sticker alphas, sewing machine & cream thread, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Colorbox Chalk ink in brown, Zig journaling pens in 01 & 05 Black, floss.
I love the colors of the LilyBee Designs 'Hello Sunshine' paper! They are so vibrant and were so much fun to work with.

I had so much fun making these little butterflies and sewing them onto my page. I love the effect that stitching them on gives and it really wasn't all that hard!

 As a final embellishment I used some of the paper from my kit to make a large circle flower that I hand-cut and then used scissors to fringe the edges. I love how 'bohemian' it looks and it adds the perfect touch to my page.

Well, that's all for tonight! I hope to have some more work to show you by the end of the week!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Loving those butterflies, stitched on the page! Beautiful colors and photo! Love the flower! So glad you made it in time ;)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the close up shot of that fabulous flower. It is awesome!! I love the stitching. Thanks also for sharing a website that I had forgotten about. I'll need to revisit it for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! GORGEOUS photo and LOVING the stitching and the butterflies!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapping the Music! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful!!! I totally love all the butterflies and the stitching and the photo....well, I just love everything!!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM!!

    ReplyDelete