Saturday, September 12, 2009

I haven't been able to create as many LOs lately as I would like to since the best part of summer came at the end! Earlier in the summer it was raining so much here in the Northeast that I didn't mind at all being inside and creating. Lately however it has been nice out and I have been enjoying the weather. Last weekend my husband and I finally got the mulch in our garden that we have been trying to all summer! Oh well, at least we'll get to enjoy it next year!
I did get a chance to finish this LO of a picture of my niece taken at my wedding last year. When I got this kit from The Scrap Room a couple months ago, I instantly thought of this picture. We had asked the photographer to get lots of pics of the people at the wedding and she really came through. Her assistant actually got on the floor while my older brother held the tablecloth up to get this pic. I love the ray of light on her, she looks like an angel, so I decided to title this LO "angel child".
I had to take a pic of this LO instead of scanning it in due to it's "bumpy" nature. I added a lot of embellishments, including some 3D butterflies I made using my mom's cuttlebug, some vintage ribbon and buttons I got on Etsy and a rub-on image I enhanced with rhinestones in the lower lefthand corner. I also added her initial with an acrylic letter I outlined with some stickles and chipboard letters I edged with silver glitter (a messy endeavor!). I love the way this LO came out, the hard part now is going to be putting it in her album!
I hate to say that summer is coming to an end, but it is! Fall is definitely approaching and the weather has gotten cooler! I am hard at work making some halloween items for my etsy shop, http://www.playswithpaper828.etsy.com, come check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment